View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 11, 2021 at 06:38 PM

Thank you Puzzclar. That is really good advice and it resonates with me.

Everyone: I have decided to stay. I've talked to a lot of people about this. I've had a few meltdowns today too, over this. I also may get fired. Today before work I was really struggling with this decision, and I'd talked to my support worker before hand, and she said some upsetting things to me (not intentionally) and they were still in my head when I went there. I drove all the way there, even got out of my car and walked toward the building. I ended up calling like 5 min before my shift and saying that I wasn't feeling well. I apologized for the short notice and my manager said not to do that again and to call her before my next shift to let her know how I'm feeling.

This does warrant being let go. I have decided to call tomorrow and disclose my disability. I will also not do what I did today again - I am aware that it's like, jobs 101 that one should not do this. I literally just could not deal, and was considering quitting, and was overwhelmed, and I haven't worked in 8 years. It's not an excuse. It's my explanation I guess. If I do do this again, they can definitely fire me. I will try my best.

This has not been easy (except in the beginning). It has been so bumpy. I didn't know I'd have all these negative and intense feelings. I called a support line at my therapist's office today. I was SUCH a mess. I was crying so hard. And the woman said that maybe I was not ready to work. But how do you "prepare" yourself to work? I've been volunteering steadily for like 2 years. Granted, it's like 2 hours a week, not even, sometimes.

I will try this. It may not work out. It might. It will be bumpy. I will try my best and accept whatever outcome comes from this.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated