View Single Post
puzzclar
Elder

Member Since Jan 2010
101 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 11, 2021 at 08:54 PM

No matter what, what ever hours are between the next shift and now, self care and getting the emotions out is helpful.

I wish I had taken my own advice. The only difference between us is that I've worked while having depression. I've been told I should be on disability but I made a decision to say no I'm not disabled. Although deep down I know I'm making my own situation worse. I didn't heed the self care and ended up requesting a leave of absence while on worker's comp. And I've suffered more from not doing self care.

Yes you can work and still have symptoms. Making a plan is overwhelming for most/some. These things help a lot, brushing teeth, shower/bath, eat regularly, get outside, talk to a friend or social connection, and having some outlet for emotions like writing.

As I'm typing this, I finally get that I've let my emotions control my actions because I've been scared of the unknown.

Thank you for your experience, it's helped me and others. No matter what happens, no matter how hard the situation, saying I got this helps.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
puzzclar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, seesaw, SprinkL3, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, seesaw, WovenGalaxy