View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 12, 2021 at 09:54 AM

I have been through so much abuse in my life. From my parents to friends, to significant others and other family members. While I could go into a whole spiel about it all, my question is...what is it about me (or anyone else) that singles us out for abusive people?

Family, I understand we don't have a choice with who our parents and siblings are. But we do choose romantic partners and friends. I seem to attract narcissists, controlling people, people who take advantage, and manipulators. I mean, yes, I am an empath but is that all there is to it? While I don't feel I ask for the things that happen to me, on some level I do control who gets into my life. I'm at the point of questioning why these horrible experiences repeat in my life over and over again.

I feel like I do deserve healthy genuine love. I don't know why this is never what I get. So what is it that attracts abusive people to us, and how do we stop attracting these people? I'm a Survivor, but I am tired of having to survive all the time. I want healthy, growing, nurturing, beautiful relationships, whether they are romantic or friendship.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Abusedbysister, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Abusedbysister