Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 12, 2021 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Hugs, Kit, I'm so sorry. It's definitely a rejection.

Did she have any recommendations for other T's, even if they aren't nearby, that you could meet with virtually?
Not really. Like no names or anything. She just said to look for a T that is a LCSW or an LMFT. Dr. K is a psychologist. She says that he probably doesn't have enough soft skills. He also doesn't have enough availability. I've been seeing her twice a week and then I'm going to go back to Dr. K who is like every 4-6 weeks. Sigh. She said try to find someone who is an expert with hallucinations and self harm. I said yeah right. The area where I live doesn't have enough practitioners as it is and I've looked for someone who specializes in self harm or something but there is no one. I have a list from my insurance company so I'll guess I'll have to try some of them and see if anyone is willing to work with me via telehealth that is further away. I figure that they will probably say the same thing. You're too high risk. Such bull. All I'm trying to do is get better but I need help to get better. It's definitely a rejection. I feel like crap now. She tried to get me to focus on coping skills for tonight so I said I would take a hot bath and I would journal. But I really don't even care if I follow through. I tried so hard with her. And it's like we touched on so many things but didn't get drilled down on any one thing so I can't even go away saying I accomplished something. She even said today that she didn't know where to start because there was so much. It's so painful to be rejected by a T. HUGS Kit

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, junkDNA, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Quietmind 2