View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 13, 2021 at 04:55 AM

Even people without bipolar disorder have bouts of impulsivity. Please don't disclose your mental illness to anybody unless you need reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodations, this may also be used against you once you work. Thus, I would never disclose a mental illness to anybody with whom I work or go to school. I did this and it cost me my job as a healthcare professional. The people in charge used it against me in the end as an excuse to terminate me. Also, it cost me some good jobs too since nobody wants to work with someone with a mental illness. I urge you NOT to disclose no matter what. I notice people who admitted their mental illness in the healthcare field are either stigmatized for life or have lost their jobs and never recovered from their loss. I am one of the people in the latter category but remain defiant. I am doing well now and am putting the broken pieces of my life back together. It is difficult. BUT, I am recovering and finding jobs now since I don't disclose my illness to anybody I work with. I started all over in another place. For some reason, as I got older, my illness has become stable with compliance. May be you will be the same so hang in there!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself