View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Oct 13, 2021 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter9 View Post
I posted this to the check in thread and soupe suggested I post a separate thread, which I thought was a good idea, so here it is...

I've been thinking a lot about what my life, and I'm sure many others here, is like.

For a "normal" person (someone without known mental health issues) life can be a simple relationship that lives between what you put into it, you get out of it. For example if they want to get stronger, put in exercise and get out a stronger body.

For me on the other hand, I feel awful most of the time, gripped with depression and anxiety. So the question is, what do you put in to get the result of feeling better?

Exercise? Meditation? Sleep? Listen to music? Self care? Positive thinking? Vitamins? Get a hobby? Hang out with friends? Work?

The thing is, I've tried all those things and continue to do them even though they have done nothing to help improve my mood. The relationship between what you put in and get out of life is clearly broken by bipolar.

I have a really hard time explaining this to my wife and family.

I'm not looking for solutions, I'm just making a general comment on many of our situations. Thanks for reading.

good observation

a goal in life is for me to be happy (nothing more, nothing less), just happy

trouble is, everything you've just listed is something that... well, doesn't work for me
sleep/ meditation?. blah

friends?. what are they.

work?. I can't work

hobbies?. well, listen to music I suppose, but it's hardly that exciting- I can do that anytime.

and fitness.. my fitness is about as good as my grades at school. aqa fail, fail, fail

not sure what will make me happy really, I really don't

I want to move back to the city I was born in, but when I asked myself why my reply was.. well just to do exactly what I'm doing here- sitting around taking up space. so hmm
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Soupe du jour