View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
259 hugs
given
Default Oct 13, 2021 at 05:28 PM

I attract them as well. I went back over it and almost every job I have EVER procured due to a straight advertisement process, has ended up in an abusive boss. I did not have abusive bosses when say I started a job and then got a another one in house.

I never got married because, on some level, almost every person I dated seemed to be on the verge of abuse and I knew the moment I gave them the power due to marriage they would spring their abuse on me.

I agree it might just be that there are so many abusive people out there. I have had a theory for a while that hollywood teaches abuse. Not in a way that people would be aware of but I feel like in the 1970s all the movies took a turn, where it became fashionable to be rude and abusive. I understand that up until that time there were strict standards. Then people just started believing that is how you act. Why hasn't that effected me? I don't know. Perhaps it was a strong parental figure, perhaps it was that when I was younger I had a health issue and I learned how horrible people could be so I didn't want to be that.

But I am with you.

I don't know where you live but I have also noticed that certain areas of the country are much meaner than others. I lived in Michigan for a while and I found people so nice it was often shocking but it wore off on me... now I live in a mean area and I feel like it wears off on people. Making them all unconsciously meaner.
NatalieJastrow is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote