Soupe du jour
Elder
Soupe du jour has no updates.

8 yr Member
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2021 at 03:00 AM

I think it's great that you're venturing out and I hope you'll continue to do so. The weather is likely milder in most places so walks may be more pleasant.

As for eating out, simply going to get tea or coffee out can satisfy that desire. You can simply just eat food at home or even bring a small sandwich to eat in a park with the tea/coffee you bought. Or, pick places with lighter options. Sushi/maki with miso soup instead of cheese burger and fries? Salad and broth-based or veggie soup instead of pizza? When I yearn for sweet, a skim milk cappuccino with cinnamon on top can satisfy that urge, also giving me some calcium.

Instead of buying food, you could treat yourself to something non caloric. Maybe a scarf or inexpensive hand bag? Neither should cause sadness about not fitting. Or if food, maybe a veggie or fruit from the grocery store that you rarely eat, and like. Best if in season.

I may get snickers at this, but sometimes meal planning is fun for me. Count the calories while challenging yourself to finding the most satisfying foods for the least of them. "Dieting" does not have to mean only eating dry iceberg lettuce and carrot sticks. You'd be surprised what you can have for under 2,000 calories per day. It just takes that planning.

I posted some observations about a fitness and weight loss journey I took in the past, with examples of good bang for the buck recipes at:

Week 3 – Friday Fitness & Weight Loss Restart (Yummy food helps me lose) – Bird Flight
and,
Week 2 – Friday Fitness & Weight Loss Restart (Cognitive Distortion?) – Bird Flight

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg
* Seroquel IR (quetiapine IR) 50 mg
* Lyrica (pregabalin) 100 mg
Soupe du jour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3