View Single Post
Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
960 hugs
given
Default Oct 14, 2021 at 10:06 AM

I feel exhausted. Anyone have tips on teaching someone to drive? My sister finally decided she wants to get her license and I am the one teaching her. She does a relatively good job, for what it is worth but I definitely get nervous and overwhelmed at times and I really dread doing it. I also have a lot of fears of once she has a license of her getting into an accident from poor driving. It is a bit premature to think like that and she really does do fine in the car. We “graduated” from the parking lot and I let her go down side streets and only one main road so she does not get overwhelmed. I still have to take her into higher traffic areas with red lights, and practice parking between cars. I dread the latter – I’m scared to death of it, to be honest. No one else will teach her, or be calm enough with her so I feel I have to do this. She deserves some independence. If it weren’t for a friend, I would have never learned or obtained my license. I need to pay that forward.

Other than that, there isn’t really much to report. I’ve been enjoying my language study, and have put coding on the back burner. I definitely think I was hypomanic for awhile. My sleep has gotten a lot better (without meds) and my mood has come down quite a bit to a normal. Not that it matters – I didn’t have means to cause damage in my life, but it is just for the record. I am trying to keep myself preoccupied with something for awhile. It helps make the days go by. I still go walking everyday I feel like it. I have not went yet today, but I might in a little bit. It will depend on how I am feeling.

I isolate myself quite a bit. I don’t interact with people beyond what is necessary and I feel it is a bit of a problem in terms of living a more fulfilling life – but I have no want to deal with others or have them deal with me. It is no joke to say I live and breathe in my own four walls and my only connection to the outside world is necessary talk/text/interaction. I live on my computer. It’s less than healthy but it’s where all my past times are. Anyone have tips on that one? I’m open to thoughts of how to integrate myself into something without feeling like a burden or being burdened by others. My reasons for being this way are varied and convoluted. I don’t like really looking inward on them as of right now, but I am willing to combat the symptoms of the issues. Any thoughts?

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, Nammu, Soupe du jour, Sunflower123, wildflowerchild25, ~Christina