View Single Post
cinnamonsun

cinnamonsun learning as a student again.

3 yr Member
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 14, 2021 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereto52 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through all that!
But I am glad that you found methods that are helping you heal.
When it comes to finding things that I could like about myself I end up empty handed.
If someone were to ask me about my strenghts I would not know what to say.

I will look for books again! Already have a few abour self-esteem but I haven't really gotten anywhere with them.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the advice
Hey, it's no problem! It's really, really hard to experience any kind of abuse or bullying, and it does damage your self-esteem. Whether it happens in childhood or as an adult.

It can be hard at first to change your perception of yourself. Another technique I read about is making a list of achievements. I understand you are younger than me, but you still have achieved things in your life. I wrote out my list and put it on my wall to remind myself I'm not always a failure, I HAVE achieved things. My list surprised me, it has 11 things on it. I had no idea I had accomplished so much because I always told myself I was a failure. I realize this doesn't have much to do with bullying, but it does relate to self-esteem.

I am adopting the habit of writing down three things I did well every day at the end of the day. It's just small things like this that build self-esteem and make you realize you are more than you think you are. It's about changing the narrative others have told you about yourself. You can have your own narrative. and tell those negative bullies off. Even if just in your mind.

I hope you enjoy those books, and if you can share the titles I'd love to look them up myself.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely

Thanks for this!
downandlonely