View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 15, 2021 at 02:44 AM

I'm trying a tea I found called Extra Sleepy Time. I will let people know if it works at all.

It's currently 3:42 am where I live and I've been trying to sleep for hours. Took to Benedryl and it didn't help. I tried focusing on my breathing and doing a full-body tension release, and it still didn't get me to sleep. They don't really tell you what to do when nothing natural seems to work. It's not even that my mind is being hyperactive with a lot of thoughts it just won't shut down and sleep. It won't stop being awake, even when I'm not really thinking.

I forgot to mention something that has helped me in the past when dealing with worry and anxiety as a root of insomnia. And I'm not trying to make this into a spiritual discussion, but...just surrendering my situation to a higher power to deal with and worry about, has helped me let go of an issue. My thoughts were "I've analyzed and overthought this enough, someone else can take over. I'm letting you resolve this situation so I can sleep.." And this amazingly worked. Sometimes we just need to give ourselves permission to sleep instead of solving everything. And even if someone doesn't believe in a higher power, putting some kind of mental boundary between yourself and the worry/situation would probably help too.

Last edited by cinnamonsun; Oct 15, 2021 at 03:04 AM..
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, SprinkL3, wordshaker

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, wordshaker