View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2021 at 07:55 PM

Hi Motts. I can relate to jumping to conclusions about others, yes.

I'm taking a non-violent communication course and much like DBT, it takes practice. Lots of it. I'm currently seeing no change. Lol. But I've only been doing it for like, a few weeks. and really I only practice with homework. The teacher said it takes much more time and practice to see any results.

I know that with DBT, there's the "Stop" skill, as well as "check the facts." I've gone through 2 rounds of DBT. Its helped me immensely but I still could be using the skills better. At one point, I planned DBT review and practice into my schedule. It helped, though it was hard to get myself to keep up with it! Do you think doing something like this would interest you or help you?

Mainly, I want to tell you though, you're not alone, we all do stuff like this sometimes and try not to be so hard on yourself. I see you being really hard on yourself here. Also I don't know how long you've been using the DBT and CBT skills, but give yourself some grace. I once had a spot in my gratitude journal for "things I did right"/"I'm proud of myself for..." because all I could often see were the things I did wrong. This helped!

Anyway, to get back to your question! Yes, I can relate for sure. At least you corrected your mistake. Yeah it took some time, but at least you are conscientious and kind about it.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto