SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Oct 15, 2021 at 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Dawn View Post
It's been awfully hard lately. I try to talk positive to myself. I keep trying to talk to them, but that seems to be a waste of time. One of them, the worst one, keeps getting worse, very cruel. I cry a lot & pray. I'm always wishing he would disappear. I could put up with the others & get my life back. That would be so wonderful.
My T helped me with the "angry alters" inside. She accepted them and wanted to hear from them. Eventually, they came out and said some things. She calmly listened but sternly set some boundaries so that they could have a conversation (instead of them just yelling and wanting their way). It was really challenging for me to be co-conscious with all that. Sometimes I lost time, but I eventually got used to it. It helps, too, when seeing your T twice a week, so perhaps that made a huge difference. After a few months of this, or maybe a year, the angry alters finally felt understood and were able to find a new way to protect us. Their goal is really protection, or perhaps feeling a sense of betrayal trauma. They need healing. My T would suggest that they were feeling scared, but for the longest time, the angry alters claimed they weren't "weak" and therefore weren't scared. But over time, the angry alters were able to find peace in feeling scared. They still want to prove they are tough though, but they are learning different ways. It gets scary seeing all this unfold, but it's all a part of healing. Like my T said, anger is not bad; it's a feeling. My T also said that anger is not the same as violence; violence is an action, whereas anger is a feeling. She explained how we can choose how to respond to anger when we feel it. It's a process, and it takes time to cope with those strong emotions. But the emotions are okay. Hang in there.

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, stahrgeyzer, Taylor27

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn