View Single Post
BirdieChaser

Member Since Feb 2021
Default Oct 16, 2021 at 12:32 PM

I am increasingly wondering if I need to try to find a way to face all of the things that cause anxieties from this memory if we ever get to the other side of the coronavirus.

To try to face these, I would envision finding a situation where I will be riding in the middle seat of a truck, perhaps between two females since I had so much anxiety riding between my mom and sister. I would get in the truck first and buckle to the middle seat and then spend some time waiting in the truck first by myself and then with the passenger. Hopefully when the driver gets in the truck would start right up and then we would go where we need to go. Obviously if I tried to face this, i would want to be in a newer truck that had been driven recently rather than and older truck that had been sitting for several days so there would be a pretty good chance of the truck starting right up when the driver gets in.

Hopefully if I tried to face these things, I would have a better experience than when I was riding between my mom and sister and I would then not get so anxious when I face these things.

I am wondering if others think facing these anxieties could help me deal with them better going forward. It will probably be at least a year or two before I can consider trying to face them as I do not see coronavirus going away anytime soon.
BirdieChaser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote