cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 16, 2021 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Old Man View Post
Very inspiring Cinamonsun!

I'm happy for you. You should be proud of yourself.

BOM
I am. I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm learning what self-love, self-respect, and self-acceptance means.

I am very loved, a very strong person. I'm going to find a way to dedicate my life to helping others. Whether it's with mental health, self-esteem...whatever. I'm just going to find a way to be a guide. My challenges have taught me quite a bit.

And I'm going to keep writing, wherever my writing happens to take me. I've been told by so many I could publish and I should write a novel or a book of poetry. I'm also an artist, I'm going to get back into enjoying my art. When I was in college in 2018, it was to become an art teacher. In the past, I had taken two semesters of art classes, before I changed my major. I have a bachelor's degree I don't use, I was hoping to get a second one and try to be a teacher. Maybe teaching isn't what I'm meant to do, but I discovered I'm very talented with oil paints (I had a 3.7 in that class) and I'm good at building pottery with clay, but not so gifted with the wheel. Oddly, I enjoyed pottery more than oil painting, even though I wasn't as good at it.

Maybe I will return to grad school and become a therapist as I planned back in 2010 when my life was interrupted by illness. Maybe I will go back and get a degree in creative writing. Who knows?

It's like my life is a blank canvas and I get to paint a new picture.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote