View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
Default Oct 16, 2021 at 11:48 PM

Hi thread, all leaks found and fixed. It's been about a week and nothing new turned up. Next we have to sheetrock and paint the gapping holes left in the process.

Next up @ ye ole condo, getting our chimney's swept. It's been months due to my getting too busy with work, then a few weeks ago the owner of the sweeping company died. They carry on but obviously it's shaken them and they are just getting back to their backlog of appointments.

My Dear Partner will be on retreat for 2 weeks next month, which is my first time with a 2 weeks stretch alone since I can remember. My typical personal vacations are just over a long weekend. And before, when I consulted from home and she traveled to the office I had my days to myself. This both retired and at home and in each otter spaces thing tries every ounce of patience and understanding.

Lately, I've been researching independent (community) bookstores and thinking about their necessity and their threatened status. I had 3 (yes, 3) pairings with other participants for our conference on Monday & Tuesday and they all failed to follow-through to talk about it ahead of time. Oh, they have their reasons: the first just never connected; the second recalled she's booked and withdrew, and the 3rd (of course the most exciting because they actually own 3 bookstores) ... forgot the time because they were on the floor serving customers.

I'm also developing an ideas I named Pop-Up Book Clubs™ for an one-off chance to read a book with an invited group of friends and then meet with the author. I'm the co-lead and we've done it once, and are about to do it again.

I'm getting in more bridge. At the mentor/mentee games 2 weeks ago we came in 2nd over all and 1st for my category. Hm. This got me excited to play more. So I played Tuesday at their Rookie Games. So much depends on your partner, and I don't have a regular one, yet.

Finally, I like having a small priority something to put time on when feeling in the mood. Right now I'm reading Balthasar Gracian's maxims on worldly wisdom and commenting on them on Goodreads through their review feature. Just beginning ...

Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3