SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Oct 18, 2021 at 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxanneToto View Post
I’m not asexual, but I can imagine how it must feel to be dismissed in the ways you describe. It would be nice if people weren’t so defensive, because nobody chooses their sexuality and nobody lives in a vacuum.
As for your first question, it certainly is possible to want, and even have, an intimate romantic relationship without sex. But it is, sadly, difficult to find other people who don’t place a high (even overinflated) value on sex, over friendship - which is what good relationships are based on.
Thank you!

I really just miss good friendship and innocent, friendly, NON-romantic hugs.

I also enjoy living alone.

I miss socializing in person with people, but I also miss being very close to people in real life. I miss eating out together, sharing secrets, hearing the latest scuttlebutt in town. I miss shopping with others, going to the movies, going to amusement parks, going to local events.

I've not been able to do much of that before the pandemic. But I'm still in pandemic mode, so I'm utterly alone now.

Zoom helps, but I mainly see people I know by phone. Only my psychotherapist and recreational rehabilitation therapist see me online.

I have difficulty talking about sexual stuff with anyone. That's where online groups help because then I could just quietly bow out without anyone knowing. If I were in person or being spoken to directly about sexual stuff online, then I would assert my boundaries and bow out but still feel a little shaken inside. I just can't feel comfortable with that anymore. I feel "icky."

Hugs from:
RoxanneToto