View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 18, 2021 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyButterfly View Post
Hi, when I first joined here, seven years ago, it was for things my, now ex, was dealing with. Now I'm here for me. It will be a year next month since we divorced. Going on two that I've been on my own. Sometimes I actively think about the things I've gone through & try to understand, forgive & not let any of it effect my future life. Sharing with friends, at least a little, has proved beneficial. It's clarified some things for me. Mostly I just let my subconscious ruminate over matters. Which is why I will have epiphanies from time to time. Definitely ben awakened & enlightened. With more than just what I was initially focusing on. I don't know how much I'll open up about here. Though it is helpful to receive support, even from afar. I will say this, some of it has to do with both child & domestic abuse. Both were emotional, psychological, verbal, physical.
Going to extend a warm welcome. I'm working on healing from past and recent abuse myself. I wish you the best on your healing journey, I will share whatever I come up with that is helpful or insightful. And I hope to learn from you as well. I sincerely empathize that you have been through so much. What helps me regain positivity is a quote I once read that basically said you can have a happy life even if you've been through abuse. There is life beyond what you've been through. I choose to believe it.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote