View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 19, 2021 at 09:27 AM

I agree with BOM!

The truth is...none of us are innocent or perfect, but it sounds like you genuinely put in the hard work and dedication to self-improvements. There could have been some kind of co-dependency going on, which is common in relationships with drug use. But, it sounds like you got pretty clean and he's stuck in the past. I agree this guy did not treat you how you deserve. I don't care what someone's history is, everyone deserves love. I'm sorry you've been going through it with him, but maybe this break up is a good thing. Not all endings are bad. Even if they hurt, are uncomfortable, and we have to go through the process of acceptance and letting go.

To be honest, he sounds more unstable than you. What has helped in the past, dealing with ex's who want to do the drama. I cut them off. I tell people not to talk about them with me. I completely clean them out of my life and ignore them and their antics. I block them on every social media, on my phone, everywhere. Because the whole point of their drama is to get attention and try to drag you back into their circus. Sometimes you need to say, "Not my monkey, not my circus." And preserve your own sanity. Your peace is definitely important.

What you shared here is really impressive to me. It's hard to come off harder drugs. It's so amazing to read about you working on yourself, I'm proud of you. I think you coped with things in the only way you knew how. But that's part of your past. Keep going, you're doing great.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
RoxanneToto