View Single Post
Butterfly2021

Member Since Oct 2021
2 hugs
given
Default Oct 19, 2021 at 04:53 PM

I am feeling that fight or flight mode today. And yes the 2 of you sound a lot alike. When he would go silent for days though, I would notice he wasnt eating, he wasnt talking to anyone, he looked sad until i called him... as if he needed to feel accepted. We work for the same company thats how I know. We are mature and carry on professionally. No one knows about us. Im sure they suspect. We are both looking to leave the company.

Today I feel sad because of the fight or flight mode, it happens way more than i would like it to. He is the only man that I haven't fled the scene on.
Why am i feeling this way? He hasn't introduced me to his family and last night he was at his brothers house with family. They were watching the game and also his nephew got shot over the weekend so they were there together as a family. Honestly he doesn't see his brothers much and I encourage the relationships. I would just like to be involved. I guess he just isn't ready for that and that triggers so much in me not only from my marriage but from my childhood.

We are going out of town in November and he said i get to meet his youngest daughter and he wants to meet my dad and stepmom. At first I thought it was a great idea.... and now today, over the last week even, I am having second thoughts. If I act on my second thoughts, it would hurt him and thats not what I want but I am so nervous for him to meet my dad and stepmom and to meet his daughter. She is 17 and he mentioned her mom might start asking questions. He likes to keep drama away from us and exes can tend to cause it and so can grown daughters (not the 17 year old). Im certain his daughter will talk to her mom and the mom may call his other daughters, who are not her kids and talk.
I made a point to tell him I do not care what she or any other woman thinks about me or about us, and if he does, he needs to re-evaluate.

The last man that I dated after my marriage, we dated from 2008 - 2012 and I also did not let him meet my dad... im so glad I didnt. He was one of my bad decisions. He put me in the hospital.... long story... but there is no trauma from that relationship at all. That was a lesson.

I just feel sorta lost right now .... I have this man that loves me and is so good to me and we are taking things slowly which could be good or bad. I think we are on different pages at the moment... I'm ready for more and he isn't but we want the same thing.
Butterfly2021 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Fuzzybear, RoxanneToto, SprinkL3