View Single Post
Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
959 hugs
given
Default Oct 19, 2021 at 11:30 PM

It all happened so suddenly with her. She started having issues breathing so we called the vet for an emergency. Honestly yesterday she was fine. She had a lot of fluid on around her lungs and come to find out, she had some tumors on her mammories that metastasized to her lungs. It was cancer. He could pull the fluid off, but this would just happen again. She was struggling so hard to breathe when we arrived, and obviously was suffering. He said he wasn't even sure she would make it through the night the way she was acting and what he was seeing in x-rays and ultrasounds. We couldn't bear to watch her go through that. We were with her every moment until the end. It hurt so bad to watch her go. The vet offered to bury her for us. We accepted.

Literally yesterday she was fine, it happened so suddenly the decline. She was the sweetest cat in the world. Everyday we would play together and I'd pet her. She was someone who got me through some hard times -- she was almost an emotional support cat for me. We did have her 11 years. She was old. She beat the odds anyway, she had feline leukemia and fought it off. That only happens in like 30% of cats. She lived a good life, and a happy life -- and she was loved. She was so loved. She knew that, hopefully until the very end.

She used to always give me kisses. Even tonight before she passed. I'm going to miss her so much. I'm will bawling my eyes out. I don't know how to handle this. I have no regrets with doing what was necessary to make sure she didn't suffer. I just miss her so much.

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Blue_Bird, Moose72, Mountaindewed, Nammu, Soupe du jour, VerMOZZica, wildflowerchild25, ~Christina