Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
3,786 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2021 at 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
I suspect this is just another way employers are raking in the bucks. Have skeleton staffs and blame inability to get help as the reason the consumer gets bad service and has to pay more. Much more profitable for them.

I think this is true. I read some social media post where someone had spent a day applying to jobs with companies that had complained about people not wanting to work. They got one interview for a job that had been advertised as full-time that turned out to be part-time.

Another person I know left a long term job because they were overworking him. He was the first to get called back but they never brought everyone back - they kept running the place with a skeleton crew. That was okay for a month or two but when people have been working that way for a year, forget it.

I think the pandemic is keeping a lot of people out of the job market right now. Friends who normally supplement their retirement income are just making do without that extra money. People with two incomes are living off one. A cashier at a store I go to cut back her hours because the customers are worse than usual and it's just no longer worth the money.
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote