Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Blush Oct 20, 2021 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Yes laughs are very welcome thanks!

Things are gearing up here and infections and hospitalizations and deaths are all up (the last 2 less steeply). Running between 43,000 - 50,000 daily infections, deaths were 233 yesterday.

I think there's denial around because people say it's just we test more, identify more etc but that sounds tenuous to me. Government are saying no contingency plans (yet!) I'm just anticipating this escalating further and then punitive lockdowns put upon us because we're past the early intervention stage, it's how it's been every wave so far.

I don't even have the energy to be angry any more.
Yep, that's exactly the same denial people in the Netherlands are in Try to keep the numbers down a bit over there, please, I've already booked my trip for November! I'm worried either the UK or the Netherlands (where I will be in the days before the UK trip) are going to mess it up

YES I have first world problems.

A few weeks ago it seemed like me may have been heading towards the end of all of this. More countries were planning to end all restrictions. Now it almost feels like we're back to square one.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, hvert, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated