Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2021 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Old Man View Post
Have Hope,
I'm sorry you find yourself in this position.
Finding a good healthy work/life balance is important and sometimes quite difficult.
My advise is to keep trying to find a new job.
Just because you were rejected doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on you.
I've run many hiring panels in my career. I assure you, every hiring official has some hidden agenda they are trying to fill. I know I did.
That said, it is not always about you when you are rejected. It could be that there is a team environment that the new hire must fit into.
It could be some form of bias on the part of the hiring official...we all have biases.
It could be simply that others had skills/qualifications that you do not have.

Job rejection happens to all of us.
Over the last couple years I applied to Grand Canyon University at least a half a dozen times for a Grad school Adjunct position,
On each occasion, I was turned down...most times didn't even receive acknowledgement that I had even applied. Just no response,
But I kept applying.
Finally, about a year ago, I received a reply.
They called and wanted to set up what they called an Interview for a position to Teach MGMT 605.
It was a telephonic interview--or so they called it--in actuality, they had already decided to hire me and just called to confirm I wanted the job.

My point is that we can't always take rejection, whether it is with a job or a relationship or just life in general as personal.

Keep trying,

Have Hope,

BOM
Thank you @Broken Old Man. I really appreciate your story and encouragement! It's inspiring.

I know I have to keep trying. But it's an endurance test for certain, and it's wearing on me like mad. I feel I am being tested by a higher power. I really do.

I was contacted by a new company today, which gave me hope again.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote