Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 23, 2021 at 01:28 PM

I'm probably overthinking this but...I'm stuck right now with what I want to do.

My college degree is useless. I don't have a driver's license so a lot of jobs I want to do are not an option. I want to get my license, I just have such severe anxiety that I've never been able to pass the driving test.

I worked in retail for years. I worked in jobs for years for the purpose of survival, and now? I'm tired. I'm tired of working jobs just to have money, jobs that typically make me miserable that I absolutely hate. I'd love to be able to do something I enjoy, or that feels fulfilling. I want a job that makes a difference.

I considered going back to school but I'm 35 now and can't remember how to write papers or do student stuff. Besides that, I struggle to get loans, don't want more student loan debt, and can't afford it.

I have an autoimmune disease. If a job is too much physical labor, I can't perform it. The last full-time job I tried with physical labor got to a point where it made me sick for a week, I could barely get out of bed or walk, had a fever over 100, because it caused a flare-up with my disease. I had no choice but to quit. I go through months of chronic fatigue, chronic headaches, and body pains that come and go.

I don't know what to do with myself. These agencies are like, "What kind of work are you looking for?" And my honest answer is, "I don't know." I don't know where to even begin. I can't seem to do what I want, and I don't want to do what I hate. When I do these find your calling/purpose or what profession would you do best in tests they indicate writing, teaching, acting, fashion design, the arts, things like that but like...I feel like I can't go back to school. So I'm still unemployed, trying to figure it out. I wish more opportunities would come my way. How do you begin to figure this all out?
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, RoxanneToto