View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 23, 2021 at 08:02 PM

I had a lot of things and lost 95% of them. It's a long story, I won't get into it again. I don't own much but what I DO have means a lot to me. What I have is what I was able to save after a bad situation. The things that mean the most to me.

I don't have a car. I'm currently living with my parents because I had nowhere to go.
I lost my full time jobs. One because I had to leave the state, the other because of health reasons.
But...I feel like, these days, I don't need a lot. All that stuff was stuff.
I made over $1000 in a paycheck from one job. The first thing I bought was a tea maker and tea because tea is part of my happiness. People laugh at me for this and raise an eyebrow, but drinking tea is part of my self-care. I had to leave my tea maker and high-quality tea in the state I escaped from.

I'd rather have peace of mind and healing in my heart, than a lot of money in my bank account. I'd rather have purpose and happiness.
I never wanted to be rich either.
I'm thankful to have shelter and a home because I was homeless earlier this year.

I'm not the kind of person anyone aspires to be, I'm by no means a successful person, but I'm one hell of a survivor and I have a good heart. I think that is wealth too.

I relate so much to your post and I love it. In a world that seems to place worth on people according to how much they make, it's refreshing to hear there are other people who don't see wealth and money as the only point to life. I dream of a world where people see worth in those who have overcome challenges that try to destroy them. Or who have illness that they have overcome and find purpose despite having disabilities. I want a world that celebrates people for reasons other than being rich and famous.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1

Thanks for this!
bpforever1