SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Smile Oct 23, 2021 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I saw the last episode. I was shock that it was cancel. I finally understand why Martha was so hard on Cassie.
I love how Martha was hard on Cassie; it shows she cares.

I love how all the characters have grown and developed over the seasons. It's the final season that really disappointed me. It was so rushed, and there were missing gaps and backstories.

At least they tried to tie in the forever tree's importance at the end, and the need for Joy to be there. I would have loved to see Grace make an appearance though, or at least Grace calling instead of appearing in a cheesy way in the distance before the Gray House tree fell down. Joy's character was too rushed, too. It needed more development time. It needed to draw the audience in more. The other characters had more time to be drawn in to their characters.

I also felt like the ending seemed a bit like that movie with Sandra Bullock: "Practical Magic." Toward the end, some knew they were witches, whereas others didn't.

Also, I didn't know anything about the movies before the television series on Hallmark, so it was hard for me to tell when they were having the flashbacks of Cassie being pregnant with Grace whether those were really true - that Martha became mayor from that, that Stephanie and Martha knew Abigail from way back when - because it seemed that Abigail's appearance in the television series was a "new person" for Stephanie and Martha to meet. If they knew each other from way back when Grace was being born, then why wasn't that ever mentioned throughout the television series, to really build on background stories and characters?

There's a lot of things about that television series that could use improvements.

Perhaps they can make up for it with a final Good Witch movie?? It would be perfect if it aired this month for Halloween, or if Donavan and Abigail actually do get married - but in Tuscany instead, and that they get married on Halloween - with only few people traveling to meet them there for their wedding/eloping. That's my fantasy anyway.

I can go on and on.

I know this has nothing to do with the flashback post and PTSD, but I had to reply to your mention of Good Witch and Cassie.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01