bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2021 at 03:09 PM

To CinnamonSun,

You can learn to code for free by using the Odin project and free coding boot camp. Here is the link:Coding Bootcamps - freeCodeCamp.org

I was going to do this but am rather old, and no company will hire me at my age, but you are young still.

You should try these programs and see how you do. I think coding is still a marketable skill. I would look into it.

Also, you can freelance on fiver and Upwork as a writer. But, there are maybe too many competitors, and you probably won't make that much. Finally, you can work as an editor for post-translation work. You can look at the Translators Cafe's website and seek jobs there for free. Here is the website:TranslatorsCafe.com — a Place for Translators, Interpreters, Voice Talents, Other Language Professionals and Their Clients.
There are jobs here that require only good editing skills in English. I would not give up so easily and keep marketing yourself on LinkedIn as an editor and proofreader. I sometimes receive messages for such requests and also for translation.

Best wishes!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote