cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 24, 2021 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpforever1 View Post
To CinnamonSun,

You can learn to code for free by using the Odin project and free coding boot camp. Here is the link:Coding Bootcamps - freeCodeCamp.org

I was going to do this but am rather old, and no company will hire me at my age, but you are young still.

You should try these programs and see how you do. I think coding is still a marketable skill. I would look into it.

Also, you can freelance on fiver and Upwork as a writer. But, there are maybe too many competitors, and you probably won't make that much. Finally, you can work as an editor for post-translation work. You can look at the Translators Cafe's website and seek jobs there for free. Here is the website:TranslatorsCafe.com — a Place for Translators, Interpreters, Voice Talents, Other Language Professionals and Their Clients.
There are jobs here that require only good editing skills in English. I would not give up so easily and keep marketing yourself on LinkedIn as an editor and proofreader. I sometimes receive messages for such requests and also for translation.

Best wishes!
I appreciate it, I'm just not that interested in editing and proofreading. I have some type of dyslexia as it is, I don't think I'd do well at this. My brain says it's one word and it's a different word. My mind switches things. How do I write then? I don't know. I have to re-read anything I type and write usually multiple times and I still miss things. I'd feel bad if I edited anyone's work knowing my brain is so dysfunctional. I was known among friends for typos and having my own typo language because my brain does weird things. I have Grammarly but it doesn't catch everything.

I think I'll be happy enough doing what I've been doing, writing as a hobby. Writing stories with other people. That's fun for me. It may not lead to publications or make much of an impact on the world but at least it makes me happy and I have fun. And at this point, I just want to be happy. I want to be happy before my life is over. That seems like a good goal to me.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote