View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 24, 2021 at 05:16 PM

I have a disease, I think it's likely I don't have as long of a life expectancy as someone without a disease. Do I care much about the future? Not anymore. I'll work until I can't. I'll end up where I end up. If it's in a ditch, it's in a ditch. If it's in some kind of hospital, okay. I'm not really bothered. I am living for the moment and today. Teaching is a respectable calling. I admire teachers. It's a shame they are not paid more because teaching is one of the most important things a person could have.

I have never been wealthy. But last year a lot of money came to more, more than at any time in my life. I was able to do and buy a lot of things. This year I lost most of it and am out thousands and thousands of dollars. All those amazing things I bought? Mostly gone. Having an attachment to things sets you up for potential loss. You can have everything and lose it. Having money didn't make me happier. And in the end, I couldn't even keep most of the stuff. Do I care if I get a lot of money again? No. Do I care if I get a lot of stuff again? No. For a while I was obsessed with rebuilding, I put myself in a 40 hrs a week job with physical labor because the pay was $17 an hour. And I almost ended up in the hospital because of my disease. Money is not the point of life.

All I want in life is to be able to enjoy a nice quality tea. The rest is unimportant.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1

Thanks for this!
bpforever1