Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2021 at 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritytoo View Post
When you say "you cant find therapists here in NY who treat in terms of Multiple personalities very often, a majority now treat this disorder differently (by symptoms and problems instead of disorder)" What symptoms are you referring to? And what type of problems do you mean? I am confused by this explanation. Depression may be something held by only one of us. And this part may not be at each session. So what than is the t treating? And one of us might be having trouble with something work related but she is the only one that works and may not be at all the sessions. We don't all know everything about each other. Who would the t be helping if we weren't treated individually as our selves?
Your treatment providers that you get will want your answers on how and why you dissociate, they are not going to want amandalouise feels such and such when she dissociates. I also dont want to feed in to your mind that what I go through for dissociation symptoms is what you are going through when.

you posted you dissociate and have been diagnosed DID so you know how and what causes you to dissociate. if you cant remember reread your past posts, you have many times if I remember right posted about your DID, your problems and symptoms here.

you can also print off your posts and show them to the treatment providers. that can help too.

I asked my therapist so which part are you treating when this part has this problem and that part has that problem. my therapist would say "Im treating you. one person with many normal and dissociated parts a package deal"

took me a while to figure it out. but I eventually did and you will too.

heres the problem claritytoo. Im writing from the point of view of already going through DID and integration. you are just beginning. some questions I cant give you detailed answers for because what if I give you tooooo much information that you and your internal system are ready for. it could harm you.

therefore most of the time I err on caution and ask you to ask your treatment providers. in your case you are not yet settled into a routine with a steady therapist but yet you need answers. the best thing I can do is tell you that it will all work out as it should. its just going to take time, and actually doing the work.

through working with your treatment provider you will learn what your triggers are, how you feel when you dissociate, how to do grounding, accessing normal and dissociated parts of you, while still staying grounded in self mode instead of dissociating.... it will all happen for you but one step at a time.

when I cant remember because of medications or what ever, I go back and reread my journals, posts and so on. if you cant remember your dissociation symptoms go into your past posts and read what you have wrote about how and why you dissociate. thats about all I can tell you at your stage of healing. Im sorry I cant go more into detail. but know that what ever therapist you end up with they will want to work on your dissociation, your problems, your triggers, its all about you for its your therapy work.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote