View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2021 at 07:09 AM

I understand your situation. I work part-time but do earn as much as a low-paid full-time teacher here. I am surviving somehow. I try not to worry about my low pay, but the taxes here are high. The food here is expensive as well. I have to budget carefully. I'm not going out these days and am trying to save money. I should get another job but want to do what I want. I am going to take out a loan for grad school. I will continue working while attending grad school to keep the cost down. I will probably be stressed by all of this. I know I can do it though. I will hang in there.

Money is NOT my focus as well. I need money but try not to obsess about it. I like my current life and don't have much materialistically. But, I am rich in experiences and knowledge. I'm having a good time now. When I was homeless, I had no money and slept on benches at night. I ate at the Rescue Mission once a day. I was working as a stripper but had my tips stolen by another dancer. I remember this vividly. This has motivated me to keep working. I earn some money so this is better than nothing. I don't think I will ever earn lots of money. I don't dwell on having money either but do want to earn more to save more for my rainy days. I will continue working until I no longer am able to. I like teaching and will continue teaching although it pays poorly.

Yes, our health is a priority. Without good health, I am not able to do anything. I think good health is paramount for being successful. I really don't care about achieving lofty goals if I don't have good health. Fortunately, I am doing well now. My overall health is good. I feel great. I feel blessed and grateful for my medication's effectiveness. I am lucky I am stable these days. I was for about 20 years either unstable or not able to function fully due to side effects. I was able to graduate from a professional healthcare school though, but it took me twice as long to finish. I hated those years going to school while suffering from side effects and being unable to function. People made fun of me and cut me down. I remember this and now that I'm doing well, I want to maximize my opportunities and seize the moment.
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
cinnamonsun