View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2021 at 01:14 PM

It warms my heart how much you've overcome, and it's so inspiring. Look at you, maybe you're not rich but you've accomplished more important things than being wealthy. I think eventually, you'll work out the financial situation and that will improve. I think you are very capable. The state I escaped from had high taxes, rent...where I rented should have been $800, it was practically a slum. But the rent was over $1000. I worked in a retail store and I was floored at the taxes I'd see added to a purchase because I was a cashier. One day I asked a manager about it because I was very alarmed. I had been told that living in CO would be cheaper. Um. No. Just another lie I was told by the people who convinced me to move there with them. These days I do research and check things for myself, I learned my lesson. I worked full time for $12.50 an hour. Ridiculous. All I did while I live there basically was work 30-40 hours a week , slaving. These were like 8-9 hour shifts, sometimes 10. Barely making anything at $12.50. Most of the retail jobs here are now $14 an hour or more.

I'll stick to the East Coast, thanks. I guess where I live now is supposed to have high taxes, but it doesn't look and feel that way to me. I DID notice the difference when I was out West. It was shocking. My first apartment was $400. Ha. And it was WAY nicer than the one I had in CO.

I'm done ranting now. I think if you keep going, keeping following your passions, the money will follow. I believe good things happen when we do what we love.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1

Thanks for this!
bpforever1