View Single Post
bpforever1
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2017
1,598 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2021 at 03:52 PM

Yes, I know the rent is high on the west coast. I used to live there prior to living here in Asia. I love it here despite the high cost of living. It's safe and people don't bother me. I can literally walk the streets in the wee hours of the morning and nobody bothers me. I also love the health care I'm receiving. In the USA, I was told where to go to see a doctor. Here, I can go wherever I want and it's paid for by my insurance. Also, the cost of medications, not generic, is about a fourth of what I'd pay in the USA even with insurance. I love this country as my own now. The downside is I'm a foreigner and always will be since I don't speak and act like a native. I have no plans on moving again for now. I love it here and am willing to pay the high taxes. They even provide free cancer screening for all people with insurance here. I can't complain. I am really happy and feel grateful I can live here. I'd rather be safe and have good health insurance.

Thank you CinnamonSun for the support and the encouragement. It means a lot to me. I am all alone here so never really talk with anybody except my students. Thus, my job is my lifeline and allows me to be sociable. I feel blessed about my situation. Although my parents are old and unable to visit me, I am ok and doing well.

I know how it is to work under stressful conditions as well. I used to be a healthcare professional. It was a big mistake to become one on my part. I say this because I was too disabled before to work at anything so I really put a lot of pressure on myself to work in healthcare. My parents thought it was a great idea, but I was killing myself and was preparing for my death by blowing myself up to over 200 pounds while being only a little over five feet. I lost my job as a healthcare professional and almost my life but somehow lost most of the excess weight eventually saving myself from a sad demise. I'm so much happier now teaching online. I make peanut pay but cannot really complain. I'm stable and healthier now. I have kept the weight off mostly. I am a little overweight now since I don't exercise that much but am doing fine. So, you are right, we should do what we love. If we become good at what we love, the money will follow.

Have a great day!
bpforever1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote