View Single Post
convalescence

Member Since Dec 2014
106 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2021 at 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Dawn View Post
Please, don't make fun of me. I am very hurt & painfully wondering what exactly am I. These voices have too much power, which I can do nothing about. They are in the brain, I'm pretty sure, though I hear them outside much of the time. But I don't feel that I, myself, is actually in the brain. To me, it feels like I'm on the outside. Am I a spirit outside of this biological ecosystem? Do any of you relate, in any way, to this??
Hello. I don’t have an official “psychosis” diagnosis, but I do have severe anxiety & when stress gets VERY bad or I have a very bad panic attack I feel this way. It’s a very unsettling feeling.

I have thought to myself before - maybe we are part of a bigger picture? Maybe there’s something about the human mind and how it connects with the world that science just can’t explain yet? When I feel this intense detachment from my being I remind myself that my brain is supposed to do this if I’m stressed out - it’s an extension of my being.

Hope this at least helps you feel a bit more comfortable in your skin. I find something interactive helpful - like drawing, playing an instrument, video games. Anything to make the experience a bit more pleasant.
convalescence is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, SlumberKitty, SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn