View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Oct 26, 2021 at 04:17 AM

I'm almost 200 pounds. I gained the 30 pounds I lost last year back. I am petite, so I should be around 104 to 135 pounds. I have a BMI of >35. I'm so upset, but my chronic fatigue syndrome coupled with my other issues are preventing me from exercising. Also, when I read "The Obesity Code" book that one of my physician assistants handed me over a year ago, I was disheartened to read the part where those with PTSD and sleep problems will continue to have metabolic disorder (obesity) because of how it relates to our hormones. Even if I did the intermittent fasting that the book calls for, I would still be struggling (like I am now) with obesity. I don't know if I have diabetes or not, nor do I know if I have insulin resistance or the like. I do know that my dissociative disorder includes things like my inability to detect when I'm hungry or when I'm full. I have difficulty feeling my body, though I do feel the pain from time to time. I also have trouble with distention, not just feeling bloated. It's different from feeling full, which I can't feel anymore. I may overeat because I can't feel when I'm hungry or full. I've also went days without eating and haven't felt hungry, but would feel my body and head ache, which was an indicator that my levels of whatever were low. I had to get IVs and go to the ER at those times.

I really don't know how to lose the weight and keep the weight down. I'm trying to deal with improving my PTSD and sleep, as well as my dissociation, but all of those things contribute to metabolic disorder (obesity).

I'm open to any suggestions.

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, Deilla, Mountaindewed, unaluna