View Single Post
cinnamonsun

Member Since Mar 2021
144 hugs
given
Default Oct 26, 2021 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
I understand your mum’s need but I also understand your dad. It’s how he is. It’s a matter of personality. Noone can change another person. But, at the same time I understand your mum’s needs.

The thing here is a matter of choice. I mean, up to which point is your mum ready to accept or coexist with somebody who cannot provide her with what she needs.

My mum and dad were totally incompatible and I tell you from my very heart that I would wish both had found other partners of life. It would have been better for all of us, to be honest. And for them both, in the first place.

There’s a mistake we tend to make and is to expect from others what we want or need. It’s a waste of time. And it’s also a way to take the responsibility out of you and put it in others.

I’m glad your mum is going to a therapist. I’m not implying that it’s her fault or anything close to it. I’m glad because she can progress on her self-knowledge and be happier. And have all the information to make her own choices, whichever they may be.

You sound very wise in your knowledge of how to interpret things. I congratulate you. No f@cking matters how much disabilities you may have. That doesn’t mind a f@cking thing. What matters is your clear mind and your ability to be compassionate.
Thank you for your thread.
You sound like me. For most of my life, I wish my parents had divorced and found other partners. Because everyone would have been happier. And I wouldn't have endured some of the things I did as a child. BUT our experiences shape who we are and maybe there was a reason my childhood and life has been what it's been.

We don't choose what family we are born into either.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! They are very appreciated.
cinnamonsun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro