Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 27, 2021 at 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
This is a weird suggestion. Just wait till they fire you? What’s this about? Maybe take medical leave for few weeks and look for a job aggressively or at the very least get doctor note for few days. What’s good about just calling sick and waiting to be fired?

I don’t think you can get business loan without solid business plan. Banks won’t give large loans easily. Do you have a plan? What happened with a personal loan you took? Did you pay it back?

I’d ask financial advisor what’s best, career counselor, your psychiatrist? Your therapist seems to have weird ideas. What does your husband say? Besides weird “best of luck” like it doesn’t even concern him.
My company doesn't offer paid medical leave, so that's not a possibility. There's no short-term disability insurance and there's no paid leave of absence.

I did pay back all of the first personal loan I took out. This would be a second and separate personal loan I would take out. I am eligible and it's easy enough to obtain one.

I agree that my therapist's suggestion is odd, and it does not resonate for me. I don't want to make myself get fired, and calling in sick all the time will simply just piss off my company and CEO. I don't wish to pursue that idea, and overall, I think it's a bad idea. I am not sure how good my therapist really is.

My husband thinks I should stick it out as long as I possibly can and until I have another job. And I know he's right in that it's the better avenue. When I explained to him that my mental health comes first and that I have seriously deteriorated, he seemed to understand the level of desperation I feel.

I did speak with my CEO last night who told me 3 job offers will go out this week and that hopefully, we will have additional team members coming on board. This gave me an incredible sense of relief.

IF 2-3 team members come on board in the next 2 weeks, I only have to get through 2 more weeks of hell. Then it won't be as desperate for me and I can take my time to interview and find the right company.

I have two interviews this week, one today. So there's that.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote