View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Oct 27, 2021 at 09:08 PM

Hi @SprinkL3 thank you for sharing your story and I’m relieved to read that you were able to get your loans forgiven despite that $1,000 amount that you had to repay. I’m sorry to read that you are disabled. I hope you at least have more support now and that your VA would pay for you to return to school. That would be awesome if you could do that.

I have a BA already and an MA. So, I can’t get scholarships or grants anymore. My choices at this stage are income based repayments for 25 years every year, so that I can get the rest of the enormous amount of loans forgiven. I had been on a ten year forgiveness plan like thousands of other students, but the Dept of Education reneged on my ten years of on-time payments. Basically I was told when I called that I completed the wrong forms (a 100% lie, I completed the correct forms).

It’s in the news currently, the way the Dept of Ed is bilking people out of their repayment plans, by claiming wrong forms, etc. no signatures. All lies on the Dept of Ed’s part as usual.

I will just make my monthly payments for 25 years and hope in that span of time, our gov’t and the Dept of Ed. Are overhauled and student debt forgiveness is allowed via bankruptcy again like it was in the 1970s before the law was changed in 1976.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3