SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Oct 27, 2021 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmc1 View Post
I definitely understand and have been through that but I don't think I ever considered it trauma. I just get irritated and then don't associate with anyone like that. But I have had stuff like that happen a lot at work and especially in North Carolina and South Carolina. I switched therapists because she didn't understand me either. I don't usually watch the news because it is all bad news and doesn't represent some people.
I'm sorry you struggled with racial stuff, too.

My mother and I have both experienced racial stuff in NC and SC! Back in the 1970s, my Japanese mother told me that, when I was two and she was pregnant with my sister, we weren't allowed to use the bathroom in NC because it was for "whites only." In the 1990s, I experienced different kinds of racism in SC (in the Marines). I also grew up experiencing racism in my childhood, from my father, from my family, and from my neighbors in the 1980s. It's horrible. It occurs everywhere, but it's more prevalent in certain areas.

I agree with you about the news; they aren't all inclusive and therefore not representative. I try to limit my news these days, too.

Semper Fi! Thank you for replying and understanding!
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, WovenGalaxy