SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Frown Oct 28, 2021 at 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonsun View Post
Sending you a lot of love, this sounds like SO much to deal with. If you fear for cancer though, please get it checked out. You have a good chance if it's caught early.

Also. Keep an eye on your thyroid. They noticed some years ago that I had extra white blood cells in mine but didn't diagnose it as anything. I had also gained a lot of weight. And later one I did develop a thyroid condition. So just keep an eye on it. Has your doctor mentioned you might be hypothyroid? That does cause a lot of weight gain.

I'm not doing well this week. I see my doctor tomorrow to talk to her about these symptoms I am experiencing. I haven't done research on what it might be, because I don't want to freak myself out. I somewhat suspect gallbladder stones, but I'm not sure if it would cause the other symptoms...like an issue with my heart. I feel like something is wrong with my body, it isn't just Grave's. I feel like I'm getting more and more sick as time goes on. I thought it was a stomach condition I have but now I'm not so sure it's that.
Thank you for your kind reply!

I spoke with my primary care doc yesterday afternoon, and she said that my thyroid nodule was so small (3mm) that I probably don't need to get checked. She is just going by the labs, which I'll get done on Friday. But the labs often are a false negative when it comes to thyroid conditions. And, it was the advice of the last VA (which covers more than my current VA) to get it checked via ultrasound a year later, but then the pandemic hit. Now that it's two years later, I asked for it to get checked, and there's this difference of opinion from my primary care, who said she has to look into this. What's there to look into; they recommended me getting checked, and now she said it's too small to get checked. The whole point of getting it checked is to make sure it hadn't grown bigger. When I asked her if it will go away on its own, she said no. I told her that my neck has been constantly swollen since that time, and she didn't respond to any of that.

It also bothered me that I told her about my weight gain and the pain in my right leg, with my concerns about deep vein thrombosis. I said the pain was in my lower thigh and upper calf, sort of behind the knee area. She said she could schedule a future appointment for the knee, but it's not my knee. It's my concern about DVT. My cholesterol levels and other blood tests from 2020 revealed abnormalities - all risks for stroke or heart attack. It's like I've had nothing but trouble ever since my "unknown respiratory condition" in March 2020, which tested negative at the time for Covid. It bothers me that the VA isn't taking those things seriously here, but in a blue state - a different state than where I'm at, they did cover those things.

There are so many strange things going on with politics and healthcare and public safety and medical doctors these days - because you have this polarization within the ranks of hospitals and healthcare companies - that which undermines the needs of minorities, women, mentally ill persons, and other stigmatized patients. If you call them on it, they treat you worse. You have no rights; you are shunned, ignored, labeled, psychopathologized, whatever.

It's scary when you can't even trust your own medical team.

But I'm trying to trust them. I'm really trying to trust at least the labs that will get done - hopefully without incident, etc.

I do trust the vaccines, so long as they have security measures in place to prevent abuse and purposeful mishaps - criminal or otherwise unlawful.

Ergo, I don't trust anyone, but I have no choice but to trust some things and some people in order to survive. It sucks.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote