View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Default Oct 28, 2021 at 03:32 AM

Another pandemic-related mental health issue is pandemic fatigue.

I believe in wearing masks and getting vaccinated, but I'm exhausted from wearing masks and other PPE. I'm exhausted from being extra cautious whenever I leave my apartment for anything. I'm exhausted from having to get these vaccinations. I'm exhausted from reading the news about vaccines and other policies. I'm exhausted from washing my hands, and having my poor hands frequently get wrinkled and tough. I'm exhausted from cleaning and disinfecting any household purchases. I'm exhausted from doing laundry every day. I'm exhausted from being locked up in my apartment like I'm on house arrest, but it's the safest for me when I'm surrounded by people who disregard mask and vaccine recommendations. I'm exhausted by the politics involved in our healthcare and public safety. I'm exhausted of being hypervigilant with all things, including racism. I'm exhausted of having to fight all the time. I'm exhausted about the enemies wanting me to tire out so that I could bow down to their supremacy/extremist ways of life, which means I'm just a slave, a less-than, a person who isn't healthy enough to survive any of their Social Darwinism (eugenic) threats. I'm tired of constantly being on the defensive - with everything - with cleaning, disinfecting, vaccines, masking, social distancing, isolating, being watchful, being mindful, being everything that reduces my freedoms to pure survival mode. I'm exhausted from surviving, as opposed to living. I'm exhausted from hiding. I'm exhausted from asking for help. I'm exhausted from the monotony of my days in isolation. I'm exhausted from having to figure out whether or not "of" or "from" should be used after "I'm exhausted..." (is it "I'm exhausted of..."? or "I'm exhausted from..."?), and then wondering why my insomnia keeps me up late at night worried about my exhaustion and whether or not my grammar is correct. I have no idea. I lack the consistency I used to have. I constantly have to look up grammatical rules, if I'm not lazy or exhausted. But I'm so exhausted that I'm now ruminating and venting about my exhaustion, even though it's exhausting writing this.

I'm sure it is exhausting reading this, too.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, Mountaindewed