View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2021 at 06:13 AM

Well, my husband just showed me an article that discussed why things were so chaotic yesterday at the vaccine center. While the 55+ group was good about getting their first vaccines, they have been somewhat slower on the uptake of the boosters even though they have been available for a few months for that age group.

Like some other countries we have a vaccine passport system for things like indoor dining. Anyways, the Health Ministry recently announced that if you are 55 or older you have to have the third vaccine to keep your vaccine passport valid. All the people that didn't go when it was initially their turn are now clogging up the vaccine centers to keep their passports valid. It's kind of annoying for those of us that are only eligible now and don't have all day to wait in line.

Now, they announced that on Tuesday there will be a special day for only the 55+ group, so I can't go then either.

I am sure it didn't help that my municipality only has 3 centers available now. Earlier when they were doing the first and second doses, we had 9. It made sense for a while to have fewer centers when most adults were vaccinated, but now that they are vaccinating kids and doing third doses, they should probably offer more centers again.

Hugs from:
SprinkL3, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, hvert, SprinkL3