Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
437 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 29, 2021 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Were/ are you in a union? My husband is. He is a teledata/fiber opt/ inside wireman. Unfortunately in 08 everything took a dump and just when he was supposed to reap the benefits ( High hourly rate) he was laid off for a year and a half. He took a 6 week job call at a university and was hired full time. He pays his dues every month still so he can keep his pension. He was in the union roughly 10 years so his pension will only be about 500$ A month.

I was (actually still am) in a union. Back when I started this thread, I had already gotten an estimate of benefits from our benefits office and was pleased at the numbers I saw. I just (last week) put in another "request of benefits estimate" and also requested my application papers so I can start the retirement process, and am awaiting their reply. It will be interesting to see if the numbers changed much. If I wanted, I could always delay my retirement.

Only 2 months to go! ( I think - I can't remember if I'll get my first check at the beginning or end of January).

Last edited by shakespeare47; Oct 29, 2021 at 01:58 PM..
shakespeare47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets