View Single Post
Butterfly2021

Member Since Oct 2021
2 hugs
given
Crazy Oct 29, 2021 at 05:17 PM

End of November will be 2 years since our first date. We were friends getting to know a little about each other for about 2 months before that.
Now that we have grown closer and love each other so much, my triggers are going off the deep end, I am overthinking everything.

We dont live together but he is here at least 4 nights a week... and when he isnt, I am starting to miss him terribly. That makes me feel needy although how can that be needy when there are couples that live together every night?

My overthinking is bad at times, especially right now, and closer to the holidays.

This week my overthinking has lead me to think that he and I will not be long term, so then what are we doing? I think that why? Because we dont live together? Because he has other things going on in his life? Sometimes I feel selfish but other times I think of course I have to be selfish with myself, I deserve the best.

I noticed lately he has been getting impatient with me as if questions I have or things I say just shouldnt be said. He wasn't like that before. My insecurities are playing a role in that because it winds up being the same insecurities over and over.

He said that lately he notices we are just arguing a lot. I was like if this is arguing, then wow, what have I faced in my past relationships and what has he faced in his, cause we were only talking and I was talking softly but telling him something that triggered me. I also said well isn't this normal for couples to have disagreements and work through them? What do you want to do? I said if this is just sex and fun, then lets not even discuss anything further but if this is more than that, we need to communicate and get through it together. Of course we communicated and everything is fine.

I do not feel as if I am 100 percent to blame for our disagreements either but somehow I feel like I am. Why do I see my ex in him? Why ?

How can I get past the triggers? I need input. I need to talk to people who have been in my shoes. HELP
Butterfly2021 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Fuzzybear, Open Eyes, SprinkL3, Travelinglady, Yaowen

Thanks for this!
Buffy01