View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Lightbulb Oct 31, 2021 at 10:38 AM

Thank you, Cocosurviving, for creating this list.

I've answered your questionnaire with the following:

1). Have you been eating healthy? Somewhat.
What have you been feeding yourself lately? All the food groups.
Are you hungry right now? I can't feel hunger that well, so I don't know.
Could you make yourself some food? I don't have energy right now, but maybe later. I also received a message from my doc regarding my labs taken on the 29th, and she said that I have high blood sugar levels (but not high enough yet to be prediabetic). She also said that I should cut down on my sugars and carbs. Additionally, I had an abnormal reading on one of my thyroid tests, so she wants me to come in for additional labs for that. It'll be a while before I return for labs - maybe two months or more. So, in the meantime, I'll do what I can to remove as much sugar and carbs from my diet.

2). Are you hydrated? Yes, but I get dehydrated easily due to very low humidity.
Do you need some water or juice? I've been drinking Diet Green Tea with Citrus, which helps me to get hydrated.

3). Have you been sleeping enough lately? Not really. I struggle with insomnia (which is related to my PTSD, my dissociation, my chronic fatigue syndrome, and more)
Do you need to lay down right now and take a nap? YES! I am just about to take a nap - after I finish this posting.

4). Do you need to shower? I've needed a shower since yesterday, but I'm too fatigued. I'm giving myself time to relax another day or two before I shower (and clean my bedding).
Would a change of clothes help? I will probably change my clothes later on. I need a nap first.

5). Are your surroundings neat and tidy? No. I have CFS/ME, and I just had the Moderna #3 jab, so I'm too fatigued to clean. I organized my laundry, so that's all set and ready to go. My trash is always in the trash bin. But my dishes need to get done. I just can't do any of that right now. It takes me about 4 days to recover after my vaccines and having a long outing (I also walked about two miles during the day I got my vaccines, so that was a lot from being in a half-bedridden state).
Could you tidy up your room a bit? No energy, but it's pretty much tidied. Ideally, I'd like to deep clean my entire apartment, but that is impossible in one setting. I always have to do projects in tiny steps spanning months (which would take an able-bodied person only a week or less to do).

6). Have you been in nature recently? Yes, on the 29th.
Have you gotten some sunshine? Not really. The only day I went out in over 8-9 months was on the 29th, to get my vaccines. I'm also very low on Vitamin D, according to my doctor's message regarding my labs on the 29th.
Could you take some vitamin D right now? Shoot, I forgot. And my doc messaged me to take double the dose. I will take that once I get finished with this questionnaire.

7). Have you moved your body? On the 29th. I have CFS/ME, so I wasn't able to pace myself on the 29th, the day when I needed to walk to the VA to get my labs and then walk again to the area on the VA campus to get my flu shot. My new friend, whom I barely met in person that day (but knew online), picked me up to take me to the clinic to get my Moderna #3 jab. I spent about 5 hours outside my home that day - double-masked and double-gloved. I was a nervous wreck. I did a lot of movement - more than my CFS/ME called for, so now I'm experiencing PEM (post-exertional malaise). I cannot move much. I have to take it easy so that I don't worsen my CFS/ME to the point of being bedbound. I'm housebound and half-bedbound on any average day. I can't move like normal people can.
Do you need to go for a walk? I can't, due to CFS/ME. I need rest.
Or go for a run? I can't. I'm disabled. I also have CFS/ME.
Would working out help? I can't. I'm disabled. I also have CFS/ME.

8). Have you spoken to someone who can help you work out your thoughts and feelings? I see a therapist twice a week online. She's very helpful.
Is there someone in your life that you can open up to and be vulnerable with? Only my therapist. There's no one else.

9). Do you need peace and quiet? Yes. I sometimes get this within the confines of my apartment. But I live downtown, so it tends to get noisy.
Would meditation help? No! For certain dissociative disorders, like mine, my pdoc and mental health treatment teams at the VA have noted that it is often difficult for dissociators to meditate, and it can even make their conditions worse. Like CFS/ME, certain disabilities and chronic conditions require alternative treatments. Meditation is one of those treatments that don't work for some disorders, like my particular dissociative disorder. This isn't to say that other people with dissociative disorders can't benefit from it, but I'm one of the many who truly cannot do meditation or mindfulness courses. In fact, the treatment teams out here - both civilian and veteran - prescreen for courses on deep breathing and meditation; if you have a dissociative disorder or other disorders on their list, they need to prescreen you to see if that group will benefit you. It didn't. Even when I tried it one-on-one, I got triggered. That was part of their prescreening.
Or would listening to music help? I do have a music therapist who treats veterans and first responders. She's really good at what she does, and she understands CFS/ME, PTSD, and DID/dissociation. She sees me for free because I'm a veteran. She's NOT connected to the VA though. She's part of another nonprofit, which is in the U.S. and in a different state. She offers online sessions via Zoom. She has created themed playlists for me, some of which I create with my own favorite songs, and some that she has created beforehand. Sometimes I listen to music to help me, but lately, I haven't been able to. I used to see music as a social thing, and as a way to give me energy before I start my day. For example, I used to play music when I showered and groomed - right before I left for an outing or for school. I've deteriorated and had worsening conditions since 2018, so my music days declined. I'm barely trying to get my love for music back, since I am not used to using it for relaxation, so it doesn't work before bedtime. However, it does help when I need to deal with house chores. But it doesn't always help with even that. I have to monitor what works and when, based on all of my conditions.

10). Do you need to cry? Yes, but I don't feel comfortable crying alone. My internal parts cry inside. But we try to pace and contain, meaning, we wait until the next time we speak with our therapist. We feel more comfortable crying in the presence of our therapist.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Cocosurviving, Quietmind 2