Elder

Member Since Jun 2015
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 02, 2021 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien View Post
Don't you just love when you tell 1/4 of the truth and your treatment team is like "aw, thank you for being so honest with me," while you're thinking "yeah, I didn't tell you about x, y, z, alpha, beta, gamma, or delta and I'm not gonna because that will for sure end with me IP. So I got my injection today. I'm supposed to call the crisis line next time I skip meals or hear voices telling me to die.
@Sapien, that's sad and unfortunate that you didn't feel comfortable enough to tell your treatment team the full story. You really should be able to without unreasonable threats of IP.

Have you ever had an "informational" talk with your treatment team about IP threats? It could be useful for all involved. What I mean is to convey the cases when YOU, personally, would simply want increased outpatient (regular visit) help based on your sharing vs. more drastic interventions. I sort of had such an arrangement with my old psychiatrist, in the past. Not to say that if I was truly in danger that he wouldn't (and couldn't) veto such things. But I knew if he did, the necessity would be quite real.

I've experienced about four episodes when many psychiatrists would have sent me straight IP, but my psychiatrist gave it a try not to. However, in those cases he started seeing me two and three times per week (or requested daily phone calls for a bit), until the situation improved. I really respected and appreciated that. It made me really trust him. But of course not all psychiatrists are that level-headed or care enough and have time enough to provide the "extra mile" of service that he did.

What is your psychiatrist (and other treatment team members) willing to do for you? What would you like them to do for you? Consider telling them. Negotiate, if necessary.

Psych Medications:
* Tegretol XR (carbamazepine ER) 800 mg
* Lamictal (lamotrigine) 150 mg
* Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER) 600 mg

I also take meds for blood pressure, cholesterol, and tachycardia.

Hugs from:
bizi, Nammu, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, bizi, MuddyBoots, Nammu, ~Christina