View Single Post
Cocosurviving
Elder

Cocosurviving ❄️Happy Winter Solstice! ❄️Happy Kwanzaa!

10 yr Member
308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 04, 2021 at 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinkL3 View Post
Here's my abnormal labs from 10/29/21, which don't have any diagnoses yet, and my primary care physician only said that my vitamin D levels were very low and my thyroid labs were inconsistent, so I need to return for more thyroid tests. She claimed that the rest of my bloodwork looked "normal." Does this looks normal to you?

What my primary care responded to:

VITAMIN D, 25-OH TOTAL: 18 Low (s/b >30)
TSH: 6.41 High (s/b 0.34-5.60)

What my primary care physician failed to discuss):

NEUT %: 46.7 Low (s/b 50-76)
MONO %: 8.8 High (s/b 1-8)
LYMPH %: 42.0 High (s/b 20-40)
HEMOGLOBIN A1c Glycohemoglobin HbA 1c: 5.7 (s/b < 5.7%; 5.7-6.4% = Prediabetes)
GLUCOSE: 109 High (s/b 75-100)
eGFR Auto Chem 8 test: 59 (s/b >60 mL/min/1.73m^2)
CO2: 21.1 Low (s/b 22-32)

My labs were ignored for years by primary care providers. I was reading a newsletter from a national rare disease organization. It happened to mention the correlation and percentage of people with Chronic Urticaria and Hashimoto/thyroid disease.

This led me to obtain copies of my recent labs and request a referral to a endocrinologist.

The sad part is most endocrinologist don’t try to treat flare ups or symptoms from Hashimoto. All they do it judge everything based on labs.

My immunologist is from South Africa. He treats my Hashimoto, my two rare diseases and asthma.

I found a podcast that I really like, “Thyroid Answers Podcast.” I listen to it on Spotify.

The book I like is, “Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? When My Lab Tests Are Normal: A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Understanding Hashimoto's Disease and Hypothyroidism
by Datis Kharrazian.”

Your local library likely has this book.

My teenage son has Hashimoto and Graves’ Disease. His endocrinologist and our immunologist believe that changing eating habits/avoiding gluten will not change, cure or improve Hashimoto.

Gluten and changing eating habits/avoiding certain foods are debatable among people with Hashimotos.

I recently moved. I’ll see if I can find my most current labs or see if I can pull them up on patient portal.

The American Thyroid Association (ATA) usually has good information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Depression
2). PTSD
3). Anxiety
4). Hashimoto
5). Fibromyalgia
6). Asthma
7). Atopic dermatitis
8). Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
9). Hereditary Angioedema (HAE-normal C-1)
10). Gluten sensitivity
11). EpiPen carrier
12). Food allergies, medication allergies and food intolerances. .
13). Alopecia Areata
Cocosurviving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SprinkL3

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3