View Single Post
SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Nov 05, 2021 at 01:13 AM

@downandlonely - I'm so sorry you struggle with obesity and prediabetes, too!

I think you're allowed to drink in moderation. According to "The Obesity Code" book, Dr. Jung states that once weight is maintained, or once you've made some progress, it's okay to have a day here and there where you celebrate and eat the foods on the "don't eat" list, but in moderation. So it won't be every day or even every week that we get to do this, but perhaps once every 3 to 4 months, which is better than nothing at all.

Because vinegar and fiber are protective factors, you could sip a spoon of vinegar and drink some Metamucil before having a glass of your favorite spirit. Perhaps checking on your blood sugar after that might offer a clue as to whether it reduces your blood sugar enough for you to be able to occasionally enjoy those drinks.

Those drinks are sometimes sold in small bottles and portions, which might be perfect for a celebration every quarter. But I suppose if we're prediabetic, we should really shoot to reverse that altogether first. I don't know. I wished there were more guidance on these sorts of things.

I do love my coffees and teas though, so I'm grateful for being able to have those I can drink.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote