SprinkL3
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2021
10.9k hugs
given
Heart Nov 05, 2021 at 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpforever1 View Post
I've been physically, mentally, emotionally abused by men in my life also. I've been stalked and poisoned as well. I think because my father and brother were abusive I felt I never deserved any better. Now, I realized I'm better off being alone and am happier. All the men I attract are abusive to me. So, I know it is my problem. I have stopped dating for the past three months and found another interest- writing. So, I'm happier now. It keeps me busy and productive. I hope to pursue writing professionally in the future. Thus, out of the fire and ashes, I picked up myself and am leading a new life although I'm scarred and charred. At least, I still have an optimistic outlook. Thank you for sharing your story SprinkL3. I understand your situation and hope you recover.
Thank you, bpforever! I'm sorry you struggled, too.

I still need to share this with my therapist. I'm afraid though. It's from a part of myself, so I'm not sure that I'm ready to process all of it. I only know bits and pieces, because the fullness of just this one memory with a few alters inside helping is painful enough. This is just one of many traumas I've had. I'm now isolating in place indefinitely because the world is just too scary. I've been isolating before the pandemic, actually. But not to the extent that I am now - with all the masking and lack of freedom with dumping trash and getting mail as I please (I only do those things up to 2x per week). I'm a hot mess.
SprinkL3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote